Singapore

I have a very small gap in my front teeth. do i need to use braces to close it or using filling will do?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 42 years experience
How small ?: Remember, after your teeth are bonded, they will appear slightly wider and may throw off proportionality. Bonding also stains and chips off, so you'll be redoing the restorations now and then. Orthodontics may offer you a better option, but your own dentist will need to explain this to you. Seek a second opinion if necessary.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 55 years experience
Gap: Closing gap in the middle opens 2 half sized spaces on the far side of the teeth to be moved. Please discuss options w BOTH your restorative Dentist and a specialist Orthodontist. Working together they can provide you with the most esthetic, most stable, most long lasting solution.
Dr. Daniel Quon
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 44 years experience
Complex Question: Treatment recommended to close the gap may depend on how large the gap (diastema) is between the teeth, if there is crowding in the adjacent teeth, the size of the two front teeth, if there is any decay or existing restoration in the two front teeth, as well as if there is any abnormal position of the labial frenum (tissue attachment between the two front teeth). See a dentist for evaluation.