Kent, Ohio

im on pyridium for a uti i know it says it will turn your urine orange but when i went this morning it was more like dark red like blood is this norm?

Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 57 years experience
Pryidium: Im on pyridium for a uti i know it says it will turn your urine orange but when i went this morning it was more like dark red like blood is this norm? ANS: the more concentrated your urine is the more red/orange it will be. I would take picture of it and send to your team and see what they see. Eating beets or drinking beet juice can also give red urine that looks like blood but is beeturia.