Cambridge City, IN

I have 2nd amenorrhea for 10 yrs. i feel as if my period is coming back. will it be a bad period. will i lose a lot of blood since i haven't had one?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Can not predict: We can not predict if you are going to have a period or how that period will be. If you have not had a period in 10 years it is important to get evaluated by an Obgyn to determine why that it happening and what could be done to assist with menstrual regulation.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Roger Duvivier
Probably not: If the cause of your "secondary amenorrhea" is chronic anovulation+hypoestrogenism due to a dysfunction of your hypothalamus-pituitary-ovarian hormones, the endometrial lining of your uterus is probably "thin" and the risk of "losing a lot of blood and having a bad period" when and if you resume normal ovulation should be very small. In cases of "unopposed high estrogens"bleeding may be more.
Last updated Nov 12, 2016