U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Concord, MA
A 18-year-old female asked:

I have two lymph nodes. one under my armpit that's new and one in my cheek for 3 years. both very itchy. is it concerning at all/should i see a doctor?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Dean Giannone
Internal Medicine 27 years experience
See the doctor.: It's always good to see the doctor about things like this, especially as a woman who has a lymph node under her armpit. If that node has been there more than four weeks, it should come out and sent to lab for pathological evaluation. So, yes, it would be wise to see the doctor about these nodes. Better safe.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 9, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.