A member asked:

Insect bite on armpit which is red with a bruise around it so do i need to see a doctor or not, its not itchy just painful around the area?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Susan Madonna answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

I would see a doctor. Are you sure this was an insect bite? Did you see the insect? If so, it would be helpful to know which type of insect bit you. Still, if it’s painful and looks like a bruise, it could be infected. If not due to an insect, some other sort of infection could be causing your symptoms. If you develop a fever, arm or neck pain, lymph node swelling, see doctor right away

Answered 7/9/2022



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor