Nashville, TN

I keep going into physcogenic shock. it's happening often and it is bad when it does happen. i loose control over my whole body. why is this happening?

Dr.
Psychogenic shock: Psychogenic shock causes the vessels in the body to dilate reducing blood flow to the brain. This can happen when you see, feel, or hear something that affects you in a negative way. When the vessels dilate, your blood pressure will drop making you feel dizzy, nauseous, or light headed. If you decide to stand up while this is happening your blood pressure will drop even more,causing you to fain
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Darragh O'Carroll
Emergency Medicine 10 years experience
Need more Info.: There are multiple reasons why you could be "losing control" of your whole body, a psychological etiology is only one of them and perhaps the least worrisome. You should be evaluated by your physician, or we could speak further to narrow these possibilities down.
Last updated May 3, 2017