Was in the warm shower had to get out forgot towels so i was dripping wet and freezing by the time i got back and the. jumped in the steaming hot shower is this bad? can it cause body shock?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 41 years experience
Can be beneficial!: Not only is this not bad but is thought to be beneficial. Some advocate deliberately alternating hot with cold showers or moving from a hot bath into a cold tub as a form of hydrotherapy. Heat dilates blood vessels then cold constricts them which is stimulates the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system.I always end my showers with cold water briefly to seal in the heat by vasoconstriction.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 45 years experience
Whole-person medicine recognizes how resilient our bodies are. Thanks Dr. Baker!
Sep 23, 2016
Last updated Sep 23, 2016