Australia

i have vestibular neuritis!! it's awful!! i've had it on/off for nearly a year now. please help. is there a cure,? i'm over it big time.

Dr. Galina Nikolskaya
Neurology 11 years experience
Need more info: this is uncommon to have recurrent vestibular neuritis, its a dx if exclusion, did you get ruled out for other causes like a brainstem mass with mri brain (with contrast) or vestibular migraine (by hx). consider getting hsv antibody titers checked and id specialist to treat for it more aggressively if you're positive since hsv reactivation is a common cause of recurrent vestibular neuritis.
Dr. Galina Nikolskaya
Neurology 11 years experience
Provided original answer
HSV is a herpes simplex virus
Nov 6, 2016