U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Canoga Park, CA
A 24-year-old female asked:

Hello, i would like to get a possible "unofficial" diagnosis/advice of possible chronic kidney disease from protien in my ua and micro albumin/creat.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Proteinuria: Of course the amount of protein in your urine,as determined by analysis of protein amount in an accurate 24 hour urine collection, is very important. A nephrologist is best qualified to evaluate,advise and treat you for significant proteinuria. Appropriate tests will be ordered.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 27, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.