a piece of glass cut the middle of my tongue while eating food. what else should i do? i used ice to stop the bleeding. do i need a dr. or rx?

Dr.
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Glass injury: Superficial cuts to the tongue generally heal quickly, with no intervention required. You can rinse mouth with water after eating to loosen debris. One risk of glass injury is a shard of glass remaining in the wound. This can be identified with XRAY, however the tongue is highly sensitive and I suspect you would notice it. Given bleeding has stopped, no further action required. See Dr if problem.
Answered on Jun 22, 2018
1