West Palm Beach, FL

i have joint hypermobility synd. my feet turn purple when i sit or if i'm standing too long. doc said raynaud's but i thought that happens when cold.?

Dr. Edgard Janer
Specializes in Rheumatology
Further eval needed: Raynauds syndrome is a vascular response , in which, there is constriction of blood vessel, as a response to certain stimuli, not only cold exposure, but also, certain chemical and or sustained vibration,among other things. It could occur as an isolated finding or associated to an underlying connective tissue disorder. Joint hyper mobility or laxity of joints bears no relationship to Raynauds