Indianapolis, IN

How long should i wait to breastfeed if i took alka seltzer plus? (night time) it has 500 mg aspirin! how long will it take to be out of my breastmilk

Wouldn't worry: If baby is otherwise healthy I would continue to feed and just avoid aspirin in the future. We don't like to expose kids with any viral illness because of its association with Reye syndrome under those conditions. Otherwise it is just there, and a relative transfer of 2-10% occurs. If sick, pump and dump for 8 hours and it should be fine thereafter.
Last updated Mar 14, 2018