Ankeny, IA
A male asked:

very complicated , 4th stage colon cancer metastized to liver. legs and privates privates very swollen constipated x 7 days?

Dr. Dean Giannone
Edema?: The swelling you mention could be related to accumulation of fluid, which tends to collect in gravity-dependent parts of the body. If the liver starts to malfunction, our levels of serum proteins decrease, which leads to fluid leaving the bloodstream and entering other parts of the body, like the legs and such. If this is new, you need to be seen for some blood testing.