Canada

i have lwr rt quad pn in abdomen and rt back flank. my back hurts most when laying down. i have a ct in 3 days. fam hst of colon cancer dad & brot?

Dr. Herbert Duvivier
Hematology and Oncology 33 years experience
Many possibilities.: Right lower quadrant pain with radiation to the flank can be many different things. Possibilities include appendix inflammation, constipation, kidney infection, kidney tumor, colon tumor, etc. The imaging study will be very helpful. If the imaging study is inconclusive consider having a colonoscopy to be complete. Good luck.
Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology 28 years experience
If this pain is bad and getting worse, and you have fever, you might want to go sooner in case you have appendicitis.
Aug 20, 2012
Dr. Buck Parker
General Surgery 17 years experience
Needs workup: I'm not sure anyone can give you a good answer with the limited information. However, if the pain increases, and you develop fevers and chills or nausea, you should see a physician immediately. Diagnosis could be (among others) kidney stone, appendicitis, constipation, gallbladder disease.