Sheffield, PA

why do i get dizzy when i go to stand up? i have to bend down so i don't fall..my bp is normal but i heard it could be anemia..what does that mean

Dr. Afshine Emrani
Cardiology 28 years experience
Cimmon: Very common in young women. It is prthostasis. Avoid coffee drink lots of water salt your feed and exercise your legs and if these don't help then see your doctor.
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 50 years experience
Anemia is low blood : Low red blood cell count and low hemoglobin(hb) are called anemia. If you are anemic your body/brain may not get enough blood causing you to feel faint(dizzy) on sudden standing up. This can be easily verified by getting your blood count(called cbc) checked from a lab. It may be better to go see your docot who can check you to find out the cause of your fainting and check your BP and your CBC an.