West Liberty, OH

my 4 month old son was exposed to hand foot and mouth last week at daycare. no sores in his mouth, he had one blister on his finger and one on his pin?

Dr. Neigatha Graney
See Your Doctor Now: Hand/foot/mouth disease is caused by Coxasackie virus (several strains); causes fever, blister rash involving areas as named, and more. It is also caused by Enterovirus 71 which more commonly causes serious and life-threatening illness e.g. Meningitis, polio-like syndrome, and more. Be aware symptoms in young infants may be mild to absent. See your doctor NOW for prompt diagnosis and treatment.
Dr.
Hand foot and mouth: Hand foot and mouth disease is infection caused by virus which presents as runny nose, fever followed by blister like rash on hands, feet and in mouth. Highly contagious but doesn't require any specific treatment besides paracetamol and keeping hydration up. Rarely there can be complications. See doctor to confirm diagnosis http://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/hand-foot-and-mouth-disease/