U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Springfield Township, NJ
A 20-year-old female asked:

Glue ear and retracted ear drum very uncomfy... can i go swimming and diving? school health center doctor said steroid nose inhaler would help??

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Family Medicine 24 years experience
Prior ear infections: Glued/retracted eardrum? One side? Did you have history of multiple ear infections when you were a baby? Nasal steroid spray can help with allergies symptoms including runny nose or nasal congestion. I am uncertain whether it can help with retracted eardrum. Since you are uncomfortable, something should be done. OTC Claritin D or Zyrtec-D may help. If persistent, consult doc. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 21, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.