I suffer from hypochondria and i really need help since it causes me a lot of stress and anxiety. how can i treat it?

Dr. Layne Hermansen
Specializes in Family Medicine
Counseling + SSRI: SSRI is a common type of antidepressant / antianxiety medication like Celexa, Prozac and Zoloft (sertraline). Medication plus counseling to develop skill sets can help you. Find a counselor who can teach you EMDR skills. Research EMDR techniques.
Dr. Sherry Broadwell
Clinical Psychology 24 years experience
Evidence Based: Hi Mimoza, this center is in the US, but provides a lot of information about various treatment approaches for hypochondria; http://ocdla.com/hypochondriasis. The strongest evidence based treatment right now is CBT, particularly ERP (see article), but you may find other approaches provide relief as well. The most important thing is to find a competent therapist you trust. Hope this is helpful. Best

Last updated Sep 6, 2016