Lonsdale, MN

I took a 5mg valium and was wondering if i can take a 5mg ambien (zolpidem) 2-3 hours later?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine 51 years experience
Prescribed or not?: If you are on prescribed benzodiazepines, your doctor and pharmacist should be the best ones to give you advice, since they know your medical history and all the medications you are on, and I do not. If they are NOT prescribed, you shouldn't be taking them. Valium is very rapidly acting and should be enough to help you sleep without the ambien (zolpidem). If not prescribed, this is abuse. Talk to counselor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Natalie Hodge
This combination is also associated with overdose death, especially in women, due to our smaller size.
Aug 14, 2016
Last updated Nov 28, 2017