Donalds, SC
A male asked:

my pinky finger was smashed in a car door. it is a little swollen but no discoloration and i can move it. it is a numb on one side. is this normal?

Dr. Jana Tomsky corvalan
Yes: You lucky! no more damage! If you able to move finger - than bones and tendons intact! Little swelling and bruising can happen . As finger was squeezed nerves in finger got " irritated" and you may feel some tingling , numbness in finger. It should resolve in few days. Ok to use ice and gentle massage. Exercise range of motion - as squeezing soft ball.