U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Florence, SC
A 31-year-old female asked:

Daughter has cyst under skin outside ear. painful. complains same side of face hurting & feeling dizzy. seen dr not helpful don't know what else to do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Brad Goldenberg
Neonatology 37 years experience
ENT: Not sure what doctor you saw, but this needs a second opinion, this may be an abscess that needs careful drainage and perhaps antibiotics. I suggest you go to an urgent care center or ER at a hospital and have this evaluated immediately. You may need an ENT specialist depending on what the anatomy of this 'cyst' may be

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Aug 5, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.