Croatia

I am taking bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) for 6 days and as it has conceded with my menstrual cycle i see the bleeding is heavier than usual. should i stop the medication?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Unrelated: Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) does not affect menstrual cycles. The changes in your cycle could be coincidental . It could also be related to whatever infection you have that caused the doctor to give you antibiotics. Regardless you should not take the medication in a way other than what was prescribed by your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 28, 2016