GA

I got 7 stitches on the side of my thumb 1 week ago. the skin under the last 2 stitches (at top of thumb) is white and numb. should i be concernd?

Dr. Gael Yonnet
Neurology 15 years experience
Not really: I suppose you got sutures to repair a laceration in your thumb. This injury likely cut the sensory nerve to the tip of the thumb, thus creating the numb spot.
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 45 years experience
White skin prob: Means that topmost layer is dying or dead, but really of little concern. The skin underneath it is probably alive. The numb part probably means that you cut the sensory nerve to the area. This likely will be permanent. If it is not a large area, you will get used to it. Good luck.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016