Could a cortisone shot help to bring on shingles 5 days later, as happened to me. My Dr. said it can.I am 60 yrs. old ?

48 years experience in Pathology
Vaccine: There are many precipitating events for shinlges and a cortisone injection could have been a trigger. Even though you had shingles, it is imperative for you to take shingles vaccine to reduce the risk of recurrence. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex.
Answered on Jul 17, 2016