For the past few years i've experienced this flutter/vibrating feeling in left ear.i've had it maybe 3-4 times over that time frame. what is it?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper answered

Specializes in Endocrinology

Hearing issues: Please have your doctor refer you to an ear, nose, and throat specialist. Let me know how things go. On a separate note, I grew up in Sydney (most think I never grew up), got a scholarship to St. Louis, Missouri, but could not get a trip back home. I have been here in Michigan since 1976 and have only been back to Sydney on three occasions.

Answered 7/8/2016

1.2k views

Dr. Mahan Chehrenama answered

Specializes in Neurology

A bug?: This is a very unusual description and it appears to be present rarely over past few years. Fluttering should not be a sensation within the ear. Vibration should also not be felt focally. If persistent, then would look for any vascular abnormalities inside the auditory canal. If constant ringing or hearing loss, would start with audiogram. By the description above, likely to be external to ear

Answered 9/24/2017

1.2k views