what are clear bubbles under the tounge? is this sexually transmitted

Dr. Jason Cataldo
Periodontics 24 years experience
Depends: Clear bubbles under the tongue that are not painful could be saliva bubbles, or a mucocoele - which is a small cyst, or even a clogged salivary gland. Sometimes they burst and are usually not painful. You should certainly be seen by a medical or dental professional though. Remember - early intervention can really help and may "nip a real problem in the bud". Hang in there!
Dr. Howard Schneider
Pediatric Dentistry 34 years experience
Possible Ranula: A ranula presents as a fluid filled bubble on the floor of the mouth under the tongue. It is caused by a blocked salivary gland. The saliva can't get out so it backs up and creates a bubble. It is not sexually transmitted. Small ranulas can often resolve on their own. Larger ones (shown here) may require surgical removal.