United Kingdom

i've been very stressed with work, and today it was very bad. i've come home and my knees are very achy and throbbing. could this be related?

Dr. Katherine Caldwell
General Practice 17 years experience
Excess stress: Excessive stress and anxiety can cause any number of physical symptoms. Your description sounds like you probably had some adrenaline pumping today at work. Your stiffness now could be related to that. Like after you've gone running when you haven't trained for it. Rest today, elevate your legs. You may be sore tomorrow too. Try some ibuprofen or a heating pad.