U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 24-year-old female asked:

i've been very stressed with work, and today it was very bad. i've come home and my knees are very achy and throbbing. could this be related?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Katherine Caldwell
General Practice 17 years experience
Excess stress: Excessive stress and anxiety can cause any number of physical symptoms. Your description sounds like you probably had some adrenaline pumping today at work. Your stiffness now could be related to that. Like after you've gone running when you haven't trained for it. Rest today, elevate your legs. You may be sore tomorrow too. Try some ibuprofen or a heating pad.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A 34-year-old member asked:

Is it normal for EKG and stress tests to be normal after stent & 2 angioplasties were done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vardhan Reddy
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Yes/no : 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts.
A 46-year-old member asked:

What are the symptoms of arthritis in your knees?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
See below: Symptoms of arthritis conditions include pain, sometimes swelling, increased warmth limitation of motion, stiffness particularly in the morning after getting up, popping, clicking, giving way or buckling. People often report trouble with stairs or trouble getting up after they have been sitting a while. Not everyone has all of these symptoms however.
A 44-year-old male asked:

I have swelling in the back and side of my knee?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Orthopedic Surgery 26 years experience
Commonly a cyst: This can be from many things but if you have an internal knee problem like a meniscus tear or wear on your cartilage, you joint can make extra fluid and this can escape out the back of the knee joint and create a space filled with joint fluid called a poplital (or baker's) cyst. Get evaluated by your doctor first and get a diagnosis.
A 41-year-old member asked:

How can I prevent my knee from dislocating? It feels like it is bowing backward instead of forward.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Ronald Galyon
Orthopedic Surgery 35 years experience
Exam needed: Are you extremely flexible in all your joints ?The knee needs to be thoroughly and properly examined and compared to your other knee to determine if there is any ligamentous or muscular deficiency. Depending on the exam a customized exercise program may be all that is needed or bracing with surgery as a final resort.
A 29-year-old member asked:

Can raynaud's syndrome caused by emotional stress?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bradley Thomas
Vascular Surgery 19 years experience
It can trigger it: Environmental triggers such as exposure to cold is more common. However, stress can also be a trigger and lead to the symptoms of reynauds. If your symptoms are bothering you significantly you should be seen by your doctor. Vascular surgeons, rheumatologists, and many primary care doctors can help you deal with this disorder.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated Jun 11, 2017

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.