Los Angeles, CA

Prescribed sucralfate (4 a day) prilosec (1 a day) penicilin vk( 4 a day) what is proper order to take medications? seems complicated to know

Dr. Bruce Jacobs
Specializes in Family Medicine
What is being: treated here? The carafate (sucralfate) and prilosec make sense,but I don''t know why the Pen Vk is being used.. Do you have an infection and your stomach is sensitive to penicillin,causing GI upset and burning/irritation, and the carafate (sucralfate) and prilosec are to reduce these symptoms? Please let us know. More information is needed. If my guess is correct,it would be best to take carafate (sucralfate),then prilosec,then Pen

Last updated Jan 22, 2018