Ireland

anti phospholipid igg was mildly elevated and esr was 71. lupus anticoagulant was negative. crp was high normal. had bad sinus infections.worry?

Pathology 44 years experience
Not about this: Huge numbers of otherwise-healthy people have low-titer antiphospholipid antibodies. The C-reactive protein is of some use in specific circumstances, and is high in advanced atherosclerosis which I trust you do not have. I'd be thankful for good health and address the sinus and facial pain issues. Best wishes.
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Not related to sinus: Sinus infections are more related to obstruction of drainage (allergic rhinitis, vasomotor rhinitis, polyps etc) and not from an autoimmune process. Immune defect may be considered as well. The antiphospholipid is likely not relevant in the absence of diseases associated with this lab result. Have you seen an ENT or allergy doctor re. the sinus issue?

Last updated Mar 22, 2020