U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Flint, MI
A 45-year-old male asked:

Have blister behind front tooth on roof of mouth. been there for 9 months. constant film (liquid) from it. mouth is often dry?

3 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. J. Blake Perkins
Dentistry 22 years experience
Could be a gland: If the liquid coming from the blister is a thin, clear secretion, it is most likely a minor salivary gland that has a damaged duct that keeps getting blocked. However, it is possible that your tooth could have an infection inside that is finding its way out through that blistered area. I would check with your dentist and have an x-ray taken of the tooth.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Difficult to dx: Without an examination with a radiograph. It's best to have the tooth in question examined.. If there is a problem, it must be treated to avoid loosing the tooth. All the best...
Dr. Dinh Bui
Dr. Dinh Buianswered
Dentistry 24 years experience
Fistula tract: That blister is a gum boil or fistula tract that drain your infection from the front tooth (endo abscess) or gum tissue (periodontal abscess) surrounding your front tooth. Since it is draining, your tooth did not have any pain. If not treated, a cyst at the apex will form or external resoption to the tooth root at apex may occur. Treat the cause and the tract will automatically disappear.
Last updated Feb 16, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.