Australia

tip of tongue feels burnt but it's not. looks like 2 little white grain of rice is sticking up out of my tongue & it's a little sore. i have low b12 ?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine 45 years experience
While the cause: of burning mouth/tongue is often not found, it can be associated with vitamin deficiencies, including B12. The burning/scalded sensation typically affects the tongue more than lips, gums, throat. There can be other factors including dry mouth, fungal infection of mouth, oral lichen plans, dentures, reflux, etc. The "rice" are enlarged papillae/taste buds which is not unusual. See Doc/Dentist.