how long after you stop drinking do liver enzymes go down and altered blood protiens return to normal?

Dr. Charles Cattano
38 years experience Gastroenterology
Depends on severity: ... and other co-morbid factors that may affect your liver disease. The pattern of blood tests you describe sounds like your best advice is to stop drinking all together & for good (particularly if liver disease is advanced or has progressed to cirrhosis). Please consider the long-term consequences of heavy alcohol intake (and not just on the liver), even if only binge drinking.
Answered on Dec 12, 2019
1