U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 27-year-old female asked:

I've been struggling with chronic yeast infections and my skin "down there" is super irritated from itching. what can i do to heal my irritated skin?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 37 years experience
A few ideas: Don't scratch!. Until you get a Rx - try diaper rash ointment or other OTC anti-itch as directed. Also - don't struggle alone. See a Dr, get a Rx for the yeast infection and also for the itch if possible. Don't spread it to others. Ask how to protect yourself while at the exam.
Last updated May 26, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.