U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Johns Island, SC
A 31-year-old member asked:

How do i know. if i have a gi bleed?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Depends: You will not know if there is a slow, mild bleed. A persistent slow bleed may cause anemia. A large bleed will produce bloody stool, fainting, weakness and pallor. If you have any doubt do a fecal occult blood test, better yet, see a doctor. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low fat milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 48-year-old member asked:

What is a GI bleed?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Cohen
Colon and Rectal Surgery 30 years experience
Blood loss: Blood loss from anywhere in the GI tract. Mouth to anus.

Related questions

A 67-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 23-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
A 25-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
A 48-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Oct 13, 2016

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.