United Kingdom

hi, i have a small swelling in the elbow crease of my left arm (inner elbow). when the palm of my hand is facing outwards, the swelling is just abov?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine 45 years experience
The site you: describe is near the medial epicondyle of the upper arm bone/humerus. This is the origin of muscles/muscle attachments that flex and pronate/rotate the forearm. The tendons can become inflamed and painful and swell with overuse, typically racquet sports, golf and throwing. Rest, ice, compression, elevation remain the mainstay of treatment; non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (ibuprofen/naproxen) OK.