Lower back pain. Towards the middle on top of spine. swollen. Pain when walking/standing/sitting for long. I hit my back with a table 4 mths ago. ?

Dr. Jonathan Hyde
28 years experience in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
Evaluation: I would recommend an evaluation with a spine specialist. You at least need X-rays to see if you sustained a bony injury to the posterior spinal anatomy from the injury. Considering the injury was >4 months ago, you may need a MRI or CT evaluation. In most cases, physical therapy and NSAID medication is what typically should help alleviate much of the current symptoms.
Answered on Nov 27, 2017
2