Can I take aleve the following morning after taking Advil migraine at 745pm the night before? Is it also ok to take mucinex (guaifenesin) multi cold?

Dr. Stephen Watson
37 years experience in Pain Management
Alternate medication: Taking Advil at night and then Aleve the next morning should not be a problem. You definitely never want to take at the same time two different anti-inflammatories such as Advil and Aleve thinking that will give you more pain relief. Taken at the same time, you will not see increased relief of pain but have risk of irritation/ulceration of your stomach. Ok to take Mucinex (guaifenesin) multi-cold at same time.
Answered on Jul 19, 2016