can medrol (methylprednisolone) dose pack cause an increase in your white cell count?

Dr. Charles Turck
16 years experience Pharmacology
Yes, when starting: On starting the drug, a lot of what accounts for this effect is an increase in the number of *measured* white cells. I stress measured because there are a higher number of cells that enter into circulation - but not a higher number over - caused by the start of Medrol (methylprednisolone) and doses like it. That can sometimes lead to confusion - like believing there's an infection when one does not exist.
Answered on Apr 19, 2016
1