the outer side of my left foot has been numb for 4 days, before the numbness i experience pain in my left leg when stretching or rotating my ankle.

2 doctor answers
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
Possible neuritis: Of the sural nerve.
Answered on Apr 15, 2016
Dr. Scott Keith
43 years experience Podiatry
Nerve stretching.: The nerve supplying the skin to your outer foot has been either stretched or otherwise injured to the extent that nerve impulses can no longer move down the nerve with authority. Fear not, most times the nerve regenerates and the feeling returns. You will have to be patient. To remove all doubt you can always have your foot evaluated by an expert.
Answered on May 22, 2016