i was diagnoised with left elbow tendonitis with degenerative joint disease. can this cause carpal tunnel in my wrist?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Peter Ihle
53 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Not really but if-: -it's in your wrist also it could.
Answered on Dec 12, 2017
Dr. Peter Nefcy
38 years experience Radiology
It depends.: It depends on whether your elbow tendonitis is related to you degenerative joint disease, or to tendonitis at the wrist or hand. The muscles and tendons used by the wrist and hand begin at the elbow attachments sites. If the inflammation extends into the wrists, especially along the palmar aspect, then you may have symptoms of tendonitis at the radial elbow and carpal tunnel as well.
Answered on Feb 6, 2017
2
Dr. Eric Chiang
10 years experience Rheumatology
No, unlikely : I don't think this has any direct effect. But if your cause of injury is related to certain task that require repetitive wrist and elbow use, which may lead to have both conditions. But once again, this is not a direct relationship.
Answered on Apr 17, 2016