U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 62-year-old male asked:

2 weeks ago had a root canal retreatment & there was a fistula tract. i don't see the tract now but the gum feels tender when i use a water flosser..?

3 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Armine Nazarian
Dentistry 30 years experience
Hi: It is best to contact the doctor's office and describe the degree of tenderness and any other discomfort in case they need to see you again or provide you with other instructions.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Not unusual: It may take a few more weeks for the area to feel even better.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Infection: You had a serious infection (abscess w pus draining through bone/gum) that was treated surgically (Rx treatment). It will take time to heal. It would be well in order to check in with your treating General Dentist or Endodontics Specialist so that they can advise you as to your healing schedule.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 7, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.