I had d&c yesterday.. And I badly needed a beer.. Is it okay to drink a beer or two? Yes I am on Antibiotic for 5 days

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
48 years experience in Addiction Medicine
No, it's not ok and: I am more concerned about why ANYBODY "badly needs" a beer during time of stress. It is one thing to like alcohol but it is much more worrisome to me to "NEED" it. Alcohol, even in small amounts, increases the chances of bleeding, which is already a risk after a d&c, and also interferes with the metabolism of many medications, including some antibiotics. It also increases chances of infection.
Answered on Apr 4, 2016