A member asked:

I had a boil in november on the lower back of my head, bad-smelling clear pus came out when i squeezed it, then it healed. now i have a reddish raised bump in that spot. what could this be/what should be done, if anything?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Cornelius Oleary answered

Specializes in Urgent Care

Skin care: 60 year old gentleman with history of a skin infection versus cyst. You should visit a dermatologist in the office to examine your skin. It is possible that this is a self-limited skin infection or infected follicle or it could be a sebaceous cyst which has lining that will elaborate keratinous grummus until that lining is scraped. Your dermatologist will be able to evaluate this for you.

Answered 3/31/2016



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question