A member asked:

Believe i have a infected ingrown hair on leg. hig red spot big bump with yellow pus coming out. so sore and hard and tight. what can i do to heal it?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Hunter Handsfield answered

Specializes in Infectious Disease

Abscess?: It sounds like you have an abscess that may require drainage, and maybe an antibiotic if quite large, surrounding redness, or fever. There are no reliable home remedies or over-the-counter treatmetns. See a doctor ASAP, and in the meantime do not squeeze or probe it or attempt any treatment yourself.

Answered 5/22/2018



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor