India
A male asked:

I'm online now. type your question here. i am a liver cirrhosis patient. my albumin level is 2.5. please sources of food to improve the albumin?

Pathology 44 years experience
Food's not the key: You can eat as much of whatever you want and it won't improve your serum albumin until your liver recovers. Your liver makes albumin out of protein in your diet and it's doing the best it can. Most cirrhosis can be at least partially reversed if the cause is eliminated -- whether it is virus, alcohol, iron overload, or Wilson's. Best wishes.

Last updated Jul 22, 2018