I've been taking 2mg xanax (alprazolam) for a month. how long will it take until it's out of my system.

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Jesse Krakauer answered

Specializes in Endocrinology

Not the issue: B"sd I think the problem is not the level of drug in system but rather the issues that lead to need for the medication and possible complicating addiction. Maybe good idea to consult with someone in medical or other helping field. As far as the pharmacology: elimination half-life (t1/2) 11.7 hours - so drug is gone in a number of days.

Answered 3/7/2016

1.5k views

Dr. Michael Blumenfield answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Most of it is gone: Xanax (alprazolam) is a short acting benzodiazepine so most of it is out of your system in a few hours. However there can be physical and psychological dependency on it. This can be treated. Also you would want to consider why did you need to take it. Obviously you had anxiety that was hard to deal with SO this is a good time to have a psychiatric evaluation and develop a treatment plan.

Answered 3/10/2016

1.5k views