i drink 40 units of alcohol a week,can i take two 500mg tablets of acetominophen for a few days to help a sprained ankle.thank you.

Dr. Edward Seegers
Etoh&tylenol: hello ~ I dont know what 40 "units" means. Please use internationally accepted measurements to get the best advice. I Gram of acetominophen a day for 2-4 days, is SAFE even if you are drinking alcohol actively. However, the BEST advice is NOT to drink if you need to take a drug that is hepatotoxic. Acetominophen is hepatotoxic in doses >2Gm per day. Always consider reducing alcohol intake.thanks
Answered on Mar 1, 2016
1