Columbia, South Carolina

i took naproxen and hydrocodone/acetaminophen on 2 days ago is it safe to drink alcohol today?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
It is safe: However, moderation is the key. Take care.

Which is better for neck pain relief after a car accident - naproxen or hydrocodone?

Dr. Karl Haake
Anesthesiology 23 years experience
Naproxen: The best medication for pain relief after a car accident is naproxen. Hydrocodone is a narcotic. It may give temporary relief but it is not a long term answer for this type of pain. It can cause dependence and long-term studies do not show any long-term benefit to the use of hydrocodone. When weighing the risks, Naproxen is a better choice.

Ibuprofen gives me an allergic reaction sending me to emergency, acetaminophen makes my asthma act up...What can I safely take for pain relief?

Dr. Michio Abe
Try tramadol?: It would be helpful to know what kind of pain you have, what part of your body, how severe it is and what is causing it. But if you haven't tried Ultram (tramadol), you could try it.

I had a lot of alcohol and in the morning I found the palm of my hands and sole of my feet to be swollen and itching. Could this be alcohol allergy?

Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Allergy and Immunology 21 years experience
Unlikely: Ethanol is a sugar. Humans do not demonstrate allergies to sugers, but rather, to proteins. Alcohol is a vasodilator and this could be what is causing your symptoms. Regardless, although it seems fun, try and reduce the binge drinking because it is taking a toll on your health.
GA

My boyfriend had a stomach ulcer not that long ago and now he has blood in stool and after working all day there was blood residue on his boxers?

Dr. Garrett Caldwell
Dr. Garrett Caldwellanswered
Blood From Ulcer?: Your boyfriend should see his GI physician. The source of the blood needs to be discovered. Most bleeding ulcers resolve with medical therapy but recurrent GI bleeding requires repeat upper endoscopy.. Also, this bleeding may be totally unrelated to his prior ulcer and may require colonoscopy if the upper endoscopy is normal.
Arlington, TX

I have days where I have stomach pain and lower back pain, I get diarrhea and have to stay in the bathroom. What could be the problem?

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia ii, do, ms
Geriatrics 21 years experience
Food allergy: As long as there isn't any blood in your stool and your stools aren't black, you might be experiencing a food allergy. You will need to see you doctor for an evaluation.

Last updated Jan 22, 2020