Rockville, MD

i have multiple drug allergies so am always nervous to try meds. is diflucan (fluconazole) generally safe? i use monistat w/no probs, but not working this time.

Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
Allergies or..: Side effects rather, often confused as allergies, true multiple drug allergy syndrome is rare. Diflucan, (fluconazole) is a prescription drug, at any rate, if in doubt and don't know whether you're are going to have a reaction to a certain drug, take the first dose in the prescriber's office, ER or urgent care waiting area,stay for an hour,if nothing happens, go home,if severe reaction,you're where you should be