if you're a healthy bmi when you get pregnant but gain pregnancy weight and it causes your bmi to be in the overweight randge, is that unhealthy?

Dr. Joseph Woods
27 years experience Pathology
It depends/unlikely,: This depends on how much weight is gained during pregnancy. The average woman is expected to gain about 25 pounds during pregnancy and would likely still be overweight after it. So it's normal to be overweight in pregnancy. However, if the BMI was high normal before pregnancy it might be smart to have a diet and exercise program after the pregnancy. Best of luck.
Answered on Feb 6, 2016
1